The Goals of Aylett Country Day School
In order to meet the diverse needs of students at Aylett Country Day School, we pursue the following goals:
- To provide a stimulating learning environment for acquiring a basic body of knowledge in the various disciplines.
- To provide individualized work within the framework of the regular classroom that promotes immediate remediation or enrichment.
- To lead students in moral growth by example and instruction.
- To encourage a desire for truth and knowledge.
- To instill respect for oneself and for all people.
- To assist the student in developing the ability to exercise self-discipline and good judgment in various situations.
- To provide opportunities for students to participate in classroom and extracurricular activities which foster leadership, responsibility, and possibilities for future growth.
- To offer physical education and extracurricular athletic programs that teach fundamental skills, promote good sportsmanship and teamwork, and foster a positive attitude toward total fitness and leisure time activities.
- To encourage effective health and safety habits.
- To teach students to communicate effectively and to foster critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To encourage appreciation of music, art, literature, and the beauty of nature.
- To evaluate students’ progress in their academic preparation.
- To provide counseling and guidance for personal and academic problems.
- To establish and maintain cooperation and understanding between parents, the school, and community members.