Families interested in pursuing admission to Aylett Country Day School should follow these guidelines:
- Schedule an appointment to tour the school and discuss Aylett’s program and mission.
- Submit completed application form and fee.
- Take transcript request to current school for processing.
If applying to the Early Childhood Program, schedule a two hour classroom visit and teacher observation.
If applying to kindergarten, schedule a one-half day classroom visit and teacher observation. Applicants must be five years old on or before September 1 for the year they enter kindergarten.
If applying to grades one through eight, schedule a full day classroom visit and Stanford / OLSAT testing. Applicants to grades two through eight must also complete a writing sample during the classroom visit.
The Head of School will then:
- Review testing results and academic records from previous school.
- Schedule an appointment with parents to discuss testing results.
- Notify parents in writing concerning the application.
A DVD on Aylett Country Day School is available on request. For an application and fee information, please contact Ayron Pitts, Director of Admissions, at 804-443-3214 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.